Negative ions are oxygen atoms that are charged with an extra electron. They arise in nature through the action of water, air and sunlight. Negatively charged ions are most common in the great outdoors, especially near running water or after a thunderstorm.
Perhaps you also know that unique smell in the air and that special feeling when you are on the beach or near a waterfall. This actually means that the body is saturated with negative ions.
Enjoy the fresh air full of negative ions in the great outdoors
Wouldn’t you like to take this pleasant feeling home with you and keep enjoying the fresh air? However, this is possible! All you need is an ionizer that generates negative ions and ensures that allergens are removed from the air in your home. A household ionizer also has some positive effects on your health.
Which ones are they? Find out below …
What do negative ions do?
When negative ions are highly concentrated, they are able to purify the surrounding air of mold spores, pollen, odors, cigarette smoke, bacteria, viruses, dust and other dangerous air particles.
This is possible because the negative ions combine with the positively charged suspended particles made up of dirt particles and other pollutants. This makes germs, mold, pollen and other allergens too heavy. And they fall to the ground or attach to a nearby surface. This removes them from the room air and can no longer cause asthma, allergies and, for example, lung diseases.
Negative ions are oxygen atoms that are charged with an extra electron
Unfortunately, there are not enough negative ions in our homes and workplaces. Even if you keep the windows open, the concentration of negative ions in the air is way too low. The air pollution in the big cities and all air conditioning and electrical devices that generate lots of positive ions contribute to this.
Unfortunately, the air in the city is polluted and rich in positive ions
How do ionizers work?
You already have an ionizer at home without knowing it. When you shower, negative ions are naturally created. That’s probably why so many people need a shower in the morning to wake up.
Now we know one more reason why showering is so good for us
Unfortunately, the shower cannot refresh the air in your bedroom or living room. Fortunately, scientists have invented another, even more effective way of creating negatively charged ions – namely the ionizer.
Ionizers and flashes have something together
Modern ionizers use a method that is actually similar to the way lightning occurs in nature. A needle point is used to conduct a small current flow through the air between two electrons. The closer the electrons get to the tip of the needle, the closer they are pressed together. Since electrons naturally repel each other, they (when they reach the tip of the needle) are pushed into the closest air molecule. In this way they transform into negative ions, which are also scientifically known as anions. These also repel each other so that they are produced more and more and are released further and further into the room. And as part of this process (called ionization) becomes ozone produced as a by-product.
An ionizer can have a positive effect on your health
Some Health Benefits Of Negative Ions:
What can ion therapy with an ionizer do for you to improve your health and wellbeing? Below are some of the health benefits of negative ions:
- Negative ions have a positive effect on wellbeing. They are often described as a natural antidepressant.
- Ionizers have been shown to clean the air of dust, pollen, mold spores and other potential allergens.
- Ionizers can significantly reduce viruses and bacteria floating in the air.
- The risk of respiratory illnesses like colds and flu and even hay fever and asthma is significantly reduced.
- Because negative ions are absorbed directly into the bloodstream, they fight harmful free radicals in the body.
- Research at the University of California shows that negative ions normalize serotonin levels in the brain, potentially improving a person’s positive attitude.
- Negative ions reduce headaches and illness. Ionizers are used in hospitals in Europe because they have a positive effect on patient health.
- “Negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain; which leads to higher alertness, decreased drowsiness and more mental energy ”, so Pierce J. Howard PhD at the Center for Applied Cognitive Sciences
- Studies have shown that the negative ion load also improves physical performance.
Spend more time in nature!
Ionizers and the negatively charged ions they create can purify the air, counteracting the crippling effects of positive ions and air pollution. And negative ions offer many health benefits that science is only just beginning to discover.
Most likely, if you live in a polluted city environment and in a modern house full of electrical appliances, consider the health benefits of negative ions. It is worth using an ionizer. Stay healthy!