Summertime is definitely ice age. And how about a homemade coffee ice cream? The vitalizing effect of caffeine is combined in an extremely tasty way with the creaminess of the ice cream. Just lovely! Today we have three super simple recipe ideas ready for you, which can be selected according to your own taste and specific eating habits. Have fun preparing and a refreshing, summery appetite!
Vegan recipe for coffee ice cream
- 1 1/2 cup cashew nuts soaked for 4-6 hours
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp finely ground coffee
- Drain and rinse cashew nuts.
Put the kernels together with the almond milk in a high-performance mixer and puree until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the ground coffee and mix everything well. Stir in the ground coffee by hand, then pour into a flat container and let the ice base cool completely (approx. 2 hours).
- Then prepare the coffee ice cream according to the instructions for your ice cream maker.
- When the ice cream is thick and creamy, place in a loaf pan, cover and freeze completely.
- Let thaw for ten minutes before serving and garnish if you like.
Prepare coffee ice cream without sugar
- 2 cups heavy organic whipped cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk (vanilla, unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup good quality coffee beans
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional, but helps with consistency)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Mix the coffee beans, heavy cream, and almond milk in a medium bowl.
- Soak for 2 hours or overnight if you want a stronger flavor.
- Heat the cream, milk and coffee beans in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Strain the beans.
- Pour the cream mixture into the bowl and add the sugar substitute, vanilla, salt, xanthan gum (if used) and egg yolks – stir well.
- Place in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir again. Place in the microwave for another 30 seconds, stir.
- At this point, it should be slightly thickened (if not, microwave 30 seconds longer). Pour through a sieve to remove lumps, then place in the freezer for 30 minutes or in the refrigerator overnight.
- When the pudding cools, run it through an ice maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, try a zip lock bag to freeze your custard mixture.
Paleo coffee ice cream for weight loss
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of ground coffee
- 6-8 soft Medjool dates
- 4 egg yolks
- In a small bowl, pour hot water over the Medjool dates and let them rest for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then beat four egg yolks with your hand in a separate bowl and set aside.
- Squeeze out the excess liquid from the dates and place them in a medium-sized saucepan with the coconut milk and ground coffee. Simmer over low heat until the dates are dissolved. Remove from heat and add 1/4 of the liquid to the egg yolk, stirring constantly.
- Pour the egg yolk and coconut milk mixture back into the saucepan and cook over low to medium heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes to a creamy consistency. Do not boil over!
- Strain through a sieve and let cool in the refrigerator.
- After cooling, put the creamy mass in your ice cream maker and prepare it according to the instructions. Store the finished coffee ice cream in the freezer and remove it 20-30 minutes before serving.
Create your own cooling pick-me-up and enjoy the summer to the full every day. Let your culinary imagination run wild and surprise your loved ones with creatively decorated desserts. You can find even more delicious inspiration for this below. We wish you every success!
Chocolate sauces are a great addition to your coffee ice cream
But you can also make this a little heartier
Sorbet popsicles can still taste heavenly with coffee
A few fresh mint leaves add even more pizzazz to the coffee taste
Or do you prefer the classics – chocolate and cream?